20 to 25 good-sized baby Portabella Mushrooms whole, cleaned
1 lb ground Sausage
3 Tablespoons chopped Onion
2 teaspoons chopped Garlic
2 Tablespoons fresh chopped Sage
1 teaspoon chopped Thyme
1 ½ cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1 bottle robust Cabernet Sauvignon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pop stems out of mushroom caps.
3. Place caps on a baking dish face up.
4. Chop stems and set aside.
5. In a large skillet, brown the sausage about 5 min.
6. Stir in onion and stems and cook another 2 min.
7. Stir in garlic, sage, thyme and cook 2 min.
8. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of Monterey Jack. It will melt a little and that’s good.
9. Fill mushroom caps with sausage mixture.
10. Top with remaining ½ cup Monterey Jack.
11. Pour yourself a glass of wine while you bake the mushrooms 15 to 18 minute until cooked through.