1. In a heavy large frying pan, brown bacon and set aside. Save the bacon fat in the pan.
2. Sear the chicken on high and remove from pan.
3. Reduce heat to medium-high. Sauté carrots, celery, garlic and rosemary for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add asparagus and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add white wine and scrape bits off bottom and sides of pan for flavor then cook 1 minute.
6. Add chicken stock and then butter (one at a time) and bring to a low boil.
7. In a small cup mix together cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons wine.
8. Add to boiling pot while constantly stirring cornstarch mixture. Once added, stir pot. Sauce will thicken.
9. Add bacon and chicken back to boiling pot and mix.
10. Add pepper to taste.
11. Garnish with parsley.
12. Serve over roasted potatoes, pasta or rice.
|Chef Anne Marie's||