Mom’s Corn Chowder
Serves 4 to 6 guests
Cooking time 30 min
2 T Olive Oil
½ small Onion, diced small
2 stalks Celery, sliced
1/2 c Carrots, chopped
3 c Chicken Stock
2 c Potatoes, peeled and diced
¾ c cooked and chopped Bacon
2 c whole Kernel Corn, undrained
2 c Heavy Cream
2 c Bisquick mix
1 c milk
Salt and pepper
1. In a large pot, add olive oil then add onion, celery and carrots. Sauté over med high until tender
2. Add chicken stock and potatoes bring and boil until Potatoes are tender
3. Add bacon, corn and heavy cream slowly over med low heat bring back to boil
4. In a small bowl mix Bisquick and milk to make dumplings. Mixture will be sticky and lumpy
5. When pot is back to boil spoon in dumplings one at a time with a teaspoon. When they are all in the pot cover the pot and turn on low. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes to cook dumplings through.
6. Season to your taste with salt and pepper.
This delicious soup may be prepared far ahead of time, then reheated.
|Chef Anne Marie Eatery & Catering||